The Kilpatrick Carbon sequencer is an expanded follow-up to their praised K4815 Pattern Generator. Still very much based around the concept of pattern-based sequencing, the Carbon is a six track (up to 64 step) MIDI and control voltage standalone sequencer.
Kilpatrick's "Pattern" control allows for modification of existing sequences, allowing creative realtime variation at the twist of a knob. Adding the concept of "scene," even more potential for variation is available: allowing storage of step range, pattern, track mute, and more, Scene control can prove a tremendously useful tool for structuring your compositions and performances. Allowing for independent track length, speed, and direction means even more potential.
The Carbon also allows for sophisticated MIDI formatting, including a flexible built-in arpeggiator, per-track storage of polyphonic MIDI data, creation of keyboard splits, MIDI-CV/gate conversion, and perhaps most interestingly of all, it acts as a USB MIDI host: yes, you can use your favorite USB controller without a computer. With several polyphonic CV modes, multiple MIDI outputs, and a super stable clock, the Carbon is designed to act as the center of your studio or live rig.
With two dedicated MIDI outs, four channels of CV/gate out, and highly sophisticated sequencing capabilities, the Kilpatrick Carbon is a tremendously flexible tool for MIDI and CV sequencing live and in the studio.
- Pattern-based MIDI/CV sequencer, performance control system, and USB interface
- Color LCD for real-time visual feedback
- Six rotary encoders and nineteen buttons for system interaction
- Six track, up to 64 step sequences
- Polyphonic tracks allow MIDI chord and CC storage
- Kilpatrick pattern control for realtime variation and remixing
- Scene control for high-level structural control
- Highly stable internal clock
- Extremely flexible MIDI and CV routing
- Support for 1V/Oct CV and 1.2V/Oct CV; Hz/Volt compatibility TBD
- Powerful internal arpeggiator
- Internal 2MB flash memory stores 64 songs, upload/downloadable from PC or Mac
Questions on Carbon MIDI/CV Sequencer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Analog clock and reset outputs: 0V/+5V
- Four CV outputs: -5V to +5V - 1V/octave digitally calibrated
- Four gate outputs: 0V/+5V
- Two MIDI output ports (separately assignable)
- MIDI input port
- USB host port - provides up to 500mA to power USB controllers
- USB device port - connects to PC or Mac for use as a MIDI interface and controller
- Power input: 24VDC @ 250mA (500mA regulated supply required & included)
- Dimensions: Approx. 7.75" W x 8" D x 3" H (height measured at rear of enclosure)