The Keeley ‘Stahlhammer Distortion’ is a Full Distortion Pedal with 2 Clipping Modes and a 3 Band EQ. It is a hard hitting distortion pedal unique within the Keeley Lineup. For cranked British amp sounds, this unique pedal design delivers. Keeley has combined classic high gain amp distortion and added a tube amp style EQ to give players a wealth of tones. This unique structure has two modes of operation – High Gain/Tube Saturation switchable from the right side of the pedal. The three tone controls, Bass – Middle – Treble, give players a fantastic range of amp sounds that they will be both familiar with and find easy to dial in.
The Stahlhammer Distortion features full and thick distortion with hard-clipping style diodes to ground. Based on the LM1458 with its slow slew rate this pedal just rips, taking a Strat or Les Paul into thick and rich heavy clipping. Turn the distortion down to about 9 O’clock and players can achieve their amp’s tone!
Keeley has added a 3x make-up gain output buffer to this pedal so that players will always be able to drive their amps with authority. The pedal also features a 3 Band EQ with control over Bass (for low end response around 100Hz and lower), Middle (affecting frequencies from 800Hz to about 1.6KHz – heavily scoop out the kids or push them in the mix!), and Treble (roll off treble or push upper frequencies around 3.2KHz and higher). The two modes of available distortion can be selected via a side mounted gain switch; Switch UP is for Tube Amp Crunch (LED lights up and is actually part of the clipping circuit) and Switch DOWN is Lead Mode (higher gain, more saturation).
- Full Distortion Pedal with 2 Clipping Modes and a 3 Band EQ
- Tube Amp Crunch and Lead clipping modes
- Tube Amp Style 3 Band EQ
- Bass (for low end response around 100Hz and lower)
- Middle (affecting frequencies from 800Hz to about 1.6KHz – heavily scoop out the kids or push them in the mix!)
- Treble (roll off treble or push upper frequencies around 3.2KHz and higher)
- Based on LM1458
- 3x Make-UP Gain Output Buffer
- True Bypass Switching
- Keeley Quality Engineering
- 100% Made in Edmond, OK, USA
Questions on Stahlhammer Distortion Pedal
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- True Bypass
- Width (Not Counting Jacks) – 2.35″
- Height (Not Counting Jacks) – 4.41″
- Standard 9V DC battery and 9V DC (center-negative) connection