The Keeley ‘Katana Boost’ is the all new updated clean boost pedal from Keeley Electronics! Redesigned, making perfection sound just a bit better! For those looking for a mirror image of tone, only louder, this is it! The Katana Boost is also a fat, harmonically rich boost, just pull out on the volume knob and blaze into the imagination with overdriven tone! Users can keep it on all the time to push amps harder, or as an occasional boost to cut through the mix!
The Katana circuit is Robert Keeley’s first guitar effect design for Keeley Electronics. It was originally designed for Legendary Tones for the Time Machine Boost but then became an independent product under the Keeley name after the Compressor came out. Robert’s very first effect pedal design (1999) was a digitally controlled Analog Delay complete with built in digital tuner. It worked perfectly and can even be seen at the shop from time to time. Delay times could be input via a keypad to enter the amount of delay in milliseconds or by potentiometers. The Katana is no less stunning in its beautiful simplicity and stunning sound quality.
- High Quality Guitar Super Clean High-Headroom Boost
- Organic Dynamic Response
- Cascading FET stages
- Dual FETs for the most tube like tone in a transistor design
- Two Modes of Operation: Pure Clean & High Gain
- With the speed knob Pushed IN, think of it as a volume control that goes to 20
- With the speed knob Pulled OUT, it is cutting boost with a bit of gain, not quite an overdrive, just overdriven tube grit and tone edge!
- True Bypass Switching
- Power Doubling on the inside so 9VDC is input, and KATANA uses a charge pump to nearly double operating voltage! (Caution – 9 Volt DC Maximum Input Voltage – DO NOT try to put 18 volts to the unit hoping that the doubler will make it 36VDC!)
- Keeley Quality Engineering
- 100% Made in Edmond, OK, USA
Questions on Katana Clean Boost Pedal
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- True Bypass
- Width (Not Counting Jacks, Knobs) – 2.35″
- Height (Not Counting Jacks) – 4.41″
- Standard 9V DC battery and 9V DC (center-negative) connection