Like its counterpart the Colour Box, the JHS Crayon is a pedal based on the "direct-in distortion" yielded from plugging a guitar directly into a British-style vintage console preamp. The Crayon is a slightly simplified version of the Colour Box, geared toward guitarists who just want the sound of the Colour Box's fuzzy, dirty distortion.
With controllable master output level, pre-vol (like traditional drive) and Tilt (simplified EQ control), the JHS Crayon provides much of the direct-in distortion sound of the Colour Box with a user interface more attuned to the guitar pedal paradigm. It is excellent for adding some beautifully colorful dirt into your tone.
- Direct-in distortion pedal modeled off of JHS's Colour Box
- Simplified control and I/O options allow Colour Box sound with only three knobs
- Integrated high pass filter (off, 200Hz, 750Hz)
- Tilt EQ, Pre-Vol (drive), and Master volume
Questions on The Crayon Direct-In Distortion
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Standard pedal power, 9VDC center negative