Intellijel Korgasmatron II
The Korgasmatron II is an updated version of the original but jam packed with even more features. Inspired by the Korg MS-20 filter, the Korgasmatron II can handle the sonic territory explored by that filter while also forging some new ground of its own.
The module has a per-side six mode filter section, selectable via rotary encoder, and hosts an aggressive overdrive feature governed by an input amplifier that starts clipping as soon as it passes the 12 o’ clockposition. Additionally, there are two switches that engage hard or soft clipping. This feature sounds particularly amazing with complex signals like chords.
Intellijel’s robust filter features a newly redesigned xfade circuit, identical to that of the uFade, with a dedicated CV attenuator. Additionally, the module can be expanded with the Korgasmatron II expander, which offers CV control over the Q of each filter, and additional inputs with their own dedicated filter types, simplifying the creation of complex layering and complicated feedback routing.
Korgasmatron II Features
- Dual filter + Xfade
- Six filter types per filter: lowpass 1-pole; lowpass 2-pole; bandpass 1-pole; highpass 2-pole; highpass 1-pole; band reject (notch) 1-pole (different than notch on original)
- Both filters track 1v/oct over 3-4 octaves
- Sine VCO's with full resonance
- Switch to configure serial or parallel routing
- Output soft and hard clipping
- Resonance soft clipping control (q drive)
- All knobs bolted to panel
Questions on Korgasmatron II Dual VCF - 20HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 20 HP
- Depth: 38mm
- Current Draw: 98mA @ +12V, 88mA @ -12V