The Jellysquasher, the latest brainchild of Intellijel, is a fully analog Compressor eurorack module, which allows for professional studio-quality compression and tone shaping to be used directly in the patch. Complete with Side Chain and Side Chain Filtering (LP, BP and HP.) Controls for Compression Threshold, Ratio, Attack and Release are all available on the panel, along with Input Level, Makeup Gain, and a Wet/Dry mix knob. Each control has a dedicated CV input with attenuator, for the ultimate modular make-over of the most classic of studio equipment. Three color buttons allow one to add some character, with analog emulations of Tube (non-linear distortion) and Tape (symmetrical distortion) saturation, as well as XFORM, which modifies the transformer feedback circuit, boosting the low end. All three color circuits can be engaged in any combination.
- 100% analog signal path and sidechain feedforward compressor
- Unique (log based RMS) detector
- Output routed through a specially selected Edcor transformer with highly desirable saturation qualities.
- Three carefully designed analog circuits to impose specific character on the output signal: TUBE adds non-linear distortion providing second order harmonics; TAPE adds symmetrical distortion providing both even and odd harmonics; XFRM modifies the transformer feedback circuit, giving a boost to low bass content
- All three color circuits can be engaged in any combination to react differently based on the input drive level and makeup gain
- Sidechain routed through a voltage controllable SVF filter with LP, BP and HP modes. A trimmer on the PCB allows you to adjust Q. This filter can be used independently of the rest of the module.
- External sidechain input allows triggering of the compressor with external sources.
- Link IN/OUT allows two Jellysquashers to be chained together for stereo operation.
- Full CV control of sidechain cutoff, threshold, ratio, attack time, release time, and makeup gain.
- Wet/Dry control allows for “New York” style compression where there is a blend of the dry and compressed output signal.
- LED bargraph with selectable display modes to view the signal level in VU or the gain reduction in dB.
Questions on Jellysquasher Analog Compressor + Tone Shaper - 18HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 18HP
- Depth: TBA
- Current Draw: TBA