Cylonix and Intellijel have collaborated to bring you a very sophisticated and deeply complex Wavetable VCO. At the core of this module is very powerful FPGA board that he has pushed to the absolute max of its capabilities and crammed full of features. We wanted to create a module that really worked well in the modular context so there are a lot of modulation and control possibilities.
Each VCO can select from 128 banks of wavetables , each with 8 individual 512-sample waveforms for a total of 1024 waves.
The choice of waveform within the currently selected bank is under voltage control. There is smooth interpolation between the waveforms within a bank, allowing a very wide range of different possible waveshapes
Oscillator 1 can be operated in a CHORD mode, which runs 8 copies of the oscillator in parallel with adjustable detuning, leading to very fat, rich waveforms. The oscillators have extensive modulation capabilities including audio rate (98KHz) Frequency and Phase Modulation (FM and PM) via external sources. Nonlinear combination processes allow the outputs of the two oscillators to interact to generate complex timbres and sonic textures.
There are 64 user selectable chords.
The SHAPESHIFTER module also includes the analog wave folder circuitry from
module to add analog warmth and metallic rasps to the digital oscillator output.
External signals can also be patched in.
The module includes a sophisticated preset mode where panel settings can be stored. There are 12 user-programmable preset slots and another 52 volatile slots that can be used as a scratchpad. These scratchpad slots are initialized to interesting presets on module powerup. The capabilities of the preset mode is not limited to mere passive storage of settings, however. In this mode the user can also step through, or sequence, the settings, either in order or randomly in response to pulses input to the external sync input. This gives the user the ability to generate complex sequences of sounds. The preset mode also allows the user to morph between the current panel settings and a preset providing a very powerful real-time performance tool.
8 Different sync modes: HARD, SOFT, REV, HOLD, BUMP, 2=1, 1=2, OFF
with the ability to internally sync to a sub oscillator
User selectable modes for the PULSE output: OR, AND, XOR, GLCH, +OSC1, EOC, +OSC2, -OSC2
- Preset sequencing and morphing
- Extremely high resolution TZFM
- Delay based resonator,
- 64 band vocoder mode
- Special audiorate modulation modes (MOD A)
- Analog wavefolder
- Extensive sync, pulse and modB options
- Detuneable 8 note chords and tons more
Upgrades in Version 1.04
- Added a GATE mode to the Perc. Mode. When you press the Perc. Mode button twice, the SYNC input acts as a gate instead of as a trigger, allowing the sound to be sustained as along as the sync input is high.
- Corrected logic out state (inverted in previous version).
Upgrades in Version 1.03
- Added: 4 new MODA destinations, swapping Osc2 by Osc1 in the Phase, Combo, and Shape destinations, and swapping the Carrier and Modulator in the vocoder.
- Changed: The modulation range for the Phase modulation (by MODA) and the Tilt function (internal self-phase modulation of Osc1) has been increased 4-fold.
- Fixed: In version 1.01 and version 1.02 the Shape1 and Shape2 parameters were coarsely quantized when Morphing between panel and preset settings in Preset Morph mode. The Shape parameters now smoothly morph between settings.
- Fixed: The pitch of oscillator 2 increased when changing the Multi mode with QUANT turned on. The pitch now remains constant over all multi modes.
Upgrades in Version 1.02
- Added: Users can now choose between just intonation or equal temperament tunings in chord mode.
- Added: Holdsync mode has been changed to do holdsync for osc1 and oneshot for osc2.
- Added: A confirmation message is now displayed when a preset is loaded.
Questions on Cylonix Shapeshifter Complex Wavetable VCO - 26HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 26 HP
- Depth: 44mm
- Current Draw: 195mA @ +12V, 50mA @ -12V