NOTE: This is for a DIY project and will require assembly. Listing includes PCB + FRONT PANEL + ALL NECESSARY COMPONENTS TO ASSEMBLE. This is a full kit.
Due to the nature of DIY projects, no returns allowed on kits that have been attempted to be assembled or with missing components.
The Mutant Hot Glue DIY Kit from Hexinverter is a powerful bus mixer with effects and myriad routing options. This four channel mixer sports a formidable effects section complete with an analog compressor (with series, parallel, or sidechain processing), and a voltage controlled distortion unit (based on the Battery Acid). The Mutant Hot Glue is ideal for processing drums and other electronic instruments. By default the mix is sent to the input of the compressor but the effects section can be routed out to another spot in a modular system, allowing for high quality compression and distortion to be applied to any part of the signal path.
- DIY kit comes with all parts needed
- 4 input channels, each with their own level and effects send control
- Channel A mixer bypass switch and dedicated output for easy sidechain compression
- Channel B is dual input, but shares level/send controls (for dual output modules, like the Mutant Hihats)
- Channel C+D summed output
- Main mixer output normalized to compressor input
- Soft-knee compressor based on the same family of premium audio ICs used in some 500 Series studio gear
- Dedicated threshold and compression ratio controls
- Gain control dials in up to +40dB of compressor gain
- Compressor sidechain input for pumping effects
- ED indicator actively displays the amount of compressor gain reduction
- A classic distortion topology reborn for modular analog synthesizers and drum processing
- In/Outputs are conveniently normalized to the module’s send and return jacks
- Blend control lets you adjust the mix of distorted and clean input signal
- Fast responding CV input allows for complex modulation patterns and even modulating with audio signals
Questions on Mutant Hot Glue Bus Mixer - 24HP DIY Kit
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- 35mm DEEP
- +70mA, -70mA
- DIY Kit soldering required