Jupiter Storm is a cosmic noise oscillator. It creates sounds that can only be described as out of this world! Where it differs entirely from other pure noise generators (such as vcNOIZ) is in the algorithm used to produce the sound. Jupiter Storm has a tonal character very much of its own.
Jupiter Storm does not create pure white noise like the vcNOIZ noise oscillator module from hexinverter.net. Rather, it derives what is similar to noise (but not quite) from three square wave oscillators in a unique algorithm. Some of the sounds possible are reminiscent of the sound of a broken radio being blasted with noise from the cosmos, hence, the name "cosmic noise oscillator". This creates noise with significant harmonic content and other such interesting timbres you will not hear anywhere else!
Engage the Noise Core Disruptor to create horrific sounds. In this mode, part of the noise core is creatively abused in order to generate insane sonic textures.
Voltage control inputs for all three square wave VCOs in the noise core are available as well as a control voltage input that addresses all three oscillators at once. In this way, very dynamic sounds can be achieved with complex modulation routing. For example, you can apply a taste of LFO modulation to all three oscillators, while modulating a select oscillator simultaneously on its own with something more drastic.
This module is based entirely around analogue opamps and discrete logic gates. No microcontrollers are used in the design of this module.
- Unique square wave noise core creates everything from pitched square wave ringmod-esque textures to hissing and screeching noise tones
- Noise core square wave VCOs (not v/oct, but close) each have an output so drones can be created simultaneously alongside noise
- Noise Core Disruptor mode creatively abuses the noise algorithm into creating very interesting noise timbres
- Four noise outputs, each with their own unique sound in Noise Core Disruption mode
- Control voltage input for each oscillator as well as ALL oscillators at once. This allows the creation of complex modulation easily
- Planned expansion module adds percussion-specific features that turn Jupiter
- Storm into a very capable percussion/sound FX synthesis machine
Questions on Jupiter Storm Noise Oscillator - 14HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- 14 HP Width
- Requires +/-12v