NOTE: This is for a DIY project and will require assembly. Listing includes PCB + FRONT PANEL + ALL NECESSARY COMPONENTS TO ASSEMBLE. This is a full kit.
Due to the nature of DIY projects, no returns allowed on kits that have been attempted to be assembled or with missing components.
The Galilean Moons from Hexinverter is a dual amplitude transmutator. It transmutates the amplitude of an incoming signal through the use of voltage controlled envelopes and VCAs. It was designed firstly to generate voltage controlled percussive sounds when fed with an audio source (in particular, its sister module, Jupiter Storm), but can be utilized for all kinds of other tasks in a modular system as well as to produce typical synth sounds.
Galilean moons has two Moons. Each Moon is made up of a voltage controlled attack/decay envelope with its own discrete low-distortion linear VCA. Each envelope can act as attack/sustain/release as well, or can go into LFO/automatic looping mode at the flick of a switch.
The Galilean Moons will normalize its VCA inputs to a Jupiter Storm cosmic noise oscillator via a simple expansion cable at the back, but it can also be used standalone in any modular system. Of course, the new Jupiter Storm noise output, “XOR”, which is engaged by connecting a Galilean Moons to a Jupiter Storm, will not function without the Jupiter Storm. This is the only feature that requires a Jupiter Storm to be connected.
- DIY Kit comes with all parts needed
- Two voltage controlled digital functions (envelopes), each normalised to their own low-distortion linear, DC-coupled voltage controlled amplifier
- Each envelope offers percussive attack/decay, attack/sustain/release or looping (LFO) mode
- Envelopes can each be linear or exponential
- Enables a new noise output, “XOR”, if plugged into a Jupiter Storm behind the panel. (everything besides the XOR output works with or without a Jupiter Storm!)
- VCA inputs are normalised to the newly-enabled XOR and main (“I”) output of Jupiter Storm when nothing else is plugged in
- The envelopes and VCAs can be fully utilised elsewhere in your system by plugging into the corresponding function’s jacks
- Great for synthesizing voltage controlled percussion and other effects
Questions on Galilean Moons Dual Function Generator and VCA - 18HP DIY Kit
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- +88mA, -65mA
- DIY Kit soldering required