The Expert Sleepers ‘USAMO’ (Universal Sample-Accurate MIDI Output) is a sample-accurate, jitter-free MIDI Output Interface for Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs).
The MIDI signal is generated by the USAMO software, a plug-in which runs as a virtual instrument (AU/VST/AAX, Mac & Windows), as audio in the DAW. The DAW sends MIDI to the plug-in; the plug-in translates that to audio and sends it to the USAMO hardware, via an output on the computer's audio interface. The USAMO then reconstructs the MIDI and outputs it on a standard 5 pin DIN MIDI socket.
In addition to MIDI note and controller data from the DAW, the USAMO software also generates MIDI clock, Song Position Pointer etc. It can also handle Sysex.
Because the MIDI signals are generated and transported as audio, they are guaranteed to be sample-accurately synced with DAW audio, and free of the jitter often associated with computer-generated MIDI.
The USAMO MIDI Interface uses the same technology previously available from Expert Sleepers Silent Way and the ESX-8MD module, but now in a standalone box, and from an analogue audio connection (the ESX-8MD requires a Eurorack housing and a digital audio connection).
- Universal Sample-Accurate MIDI Output Interface for Digital Audio Workstations
- Jitter-Free MIDI Output and Operation
- MIDI Signal generated from DAW Audio
- USAMO Software Plug-In runs as virtual instrument — AU/VST/AAX (Mac & Windows)
- MIDI Note, Controller DATA, MIDI Clock, Song Position Pointer, Sysex and more MIDI Implementation Capable
- Sample-Accurately Synced with DAW Audio
- Uses the same technology previously available from Silent Way and the ESX-8MD module
- Standalone Box
- Translates Analog Audio Connection to MIDI (as opposed to Digital Audio Connections)
- Trim Control Pot
- Power, Clip, & Activity LED Indications
- MIDI Output: Standard 5 pin DIN MIDI Socket
- Audio Input at Rear (1/4" audio jack socket, accepts balanced or unbalanced signals)
- Power Input at Rear (Accepts both polarities of DC 9V)
Questions on USAMO MIDI Output Interface
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Input: 1/4" audio jack socket, accepts balanced or unbalanced signals
- Output: standard 5 pin DIN MIDI socket
- Controls: Trim Pot
- Indicators: Power, Clip, Activity
- Power requirements: 9V DC @ 7mA, external PSU (not included)
- Power connector: 2.1mm barrel socket, positive or negative tip
- Aluminum box: 108x80x44mm (4.25" x 3.15" x 1.73") (1U high, approximately quarter rack width)