With greatly expanded memory, the added ability to split and layer and a live focused program section, the new Nord Electro 5 is a highly refined, focused yet flexible stage keyboard.
The Electro 5D - 61-Key Semi-Weighted Waterfall Keyboard offers a wide range of classic electromechanical keyboard sounds and performance-friendly features. The keyboard is designed to provide high-quality organs, electric pianos, and clavinets, but also offers the ability load your own samples or load additional sounds from Nord's Piano and Sample libraries.
The Electro 5 has incorporated the Nord C2D B3 engine, which provides realistic organ sounds with models from Farfisa, Vox, and Principal Pipe. Additionally, the instrument offers 9 physical drawbars, simulations of the 122 vintage rotary speaker cabinet, and includes a mount for the optional half-moon switch for hands-on rotary speaker control. The piano section contains 1GB of sounds from the Nord Piano Library, including grand, upright, and electric pianos, along with harpsichords and clavinets. Besides the preloaded sounds, the entire library is included on the enclosed DVD, so you can load in more of your favorite sounds.
The Electro 5 also features 256MB of memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library, with 100 preset samples loaded, including exclusively licensed sounds of the Mellotron and Chamberlin. The included sample library DVD features a broad selection of sounds from acclaimed sample producers and additional controls have been added for attack, decay/release and dynamics (filter/velocity). To help you manage your sounds, you can download the free Nord Sound Manager (Mac/Win), a software librarian for Nord keyboards that allows you to drag and drop sounds into your Electro 5, and organize and backup the sounds in the keyboard.
The effects section features a dedicated stereo delay, which now offers the ability to use delay and reverb simultaneously, and features a Tap Tempo button and a Ping-Pong mode. Additional effects include a 3-band EQ with mid sweep, pan, tremolo, auto-wah, phaser, flanger, chorus, amp simulation, compressor, and reverb. The Electro 5 is outfitted with a USB port for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI operation. It has 61 semi-weighted organ-type keys designed to work well with electric and acoustic piano sounds. Nord's design philosophy provides a simple and intuitive user interfaces for the Electro 5, with dedicated knobs and buttons that control most of its functions. To further simplify its operation for live performance, the functions that are only accessible via menu are printed out on the front panel for quick and easy access.
Performers will also appreciate the redesigned Program mode with the set-list feature, which allows for the rearranging of programs and samples on the fly, as well as 6 split-points with LED indicators and 8 banks of 50 patches. The instrument also features 4 selectable dynamic response curves for customizing the keyboard response to your playing style. The Electro 5 ships with Piano and Sample DVDs, and a power cord.
- Bi-timbral sound generation: Use two sound engines simultaneously (Organ + Organ, Organ + Piano, Organ + Sample Synth or Piano + Sample Synth) set up as a layer or a split
- 6 Keyboard Split points (C3-F5)
- Set List mode: Group sets of up to four Programs into Songs, and organize these within a Set List
- 3 Live Slots
- MIDI Upper Split feature: Control the entire range of sound engine selected for Part Upper from an external MIDI keyboard, while utilizing the keyboard of the Nord Electro 5 for the selected sound of Part Lower
- MIDI features for individual control of Part Lower and Part Upper, and for controlling external sound modules from the upper part of a split
- 1 GB memory dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- The Piano Section has 6 categories - Grand, Upright, EPiano 1 (tine), EPiano 2 (reed) Clavinet and Harpsichord.
- Each category can contain several different models.
- All pianos can be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager application
- Advanced String Resonance-control (Gen 2)
- Long Release
- 4 Dynamic Curves
- Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono
- 40-60 Voices polyphony for Piano Library sounds.
- 256 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library
- All samples can be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager application
- The Sample Synth section comes shipped with a selection of one hundred samples from the Nord Sample Library
- Attack and Decay/Release control
- Dynamics control (Filter/Velocity)
- 15 Voice polyphony for Sample Library sounds.
- User adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays and key click level
- Vibrato / Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model (the classic C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 options for the B3, Vibrato for the Farfisa)
- 4 Tonewheel modes: select the level of "vintage" desired
- Mount for Half-Moon Switch on Electro 5D 61/73
- Nord Electro 5D 61/73: 9 physical drawbars
- Nord Electro 5 HP: Digital LED drawbars
- Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- Three selectable depths for the Pan and Tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- Two selectable depths for each effect
- Amp Simulation
- Dedicated Reverb with five algorithms - Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall Soft, Hall and Dry/Wet control
- Dedicated Delay Effect - Rate, Amount, Tap-tempo and Stereo Ping Pong
Questions on Electro 5D 61 Keyboard
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Dimensions: 900 mm (35.4") x 97 mm (3.8") x 296 mm (11.7")
- Weight: 8.1 kg (17.85 lbs)
- Power: Standard IEC Connection