The Electro Harmonix MEL9, put simply, is an incredible emulation of the classic tape-based keyboard, the Mellotron. The Mellotron was famously used by the Beatles, King Crimson, Tangerine Dream, and many more. And now, you can have the sound of tape strings and more without even having a keyboard.
Like the B9, C9, and KEY9, the MEL9 makes use of EHX's legendary polyphonic pitch tracking to turn the sound of your guitar or keyboard into the sound of a Mellotron with shockingly good results. The Dry and Effect level controls allow a mix of your guitar and the MEL9 sound, while attack and sustain determine how long it takes the MEL9 sound to fade in and out.
If you want ethereal tape strings, flutes, or brass, or are a fan of the textures of classic Prog and psychedelic music, the MEL9 has a home in your rig.
- Emulates nine classic Mellotron sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir, & High Choir
- Tracks guitar, bass, keyboard (within range limitations) effortlessly
- Independent wet and dry signal level controls
- Attack and Sustain envelope controls for effect sound
- Includes EHX power supply
Questions on Mel9 Mellotron Emulator
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Includes 9.6DC-200mA power supply
- Dimensions: 4 x 4.75 x 2.25 in