The Synthesis Technology E350 is a 2-output wavetable VCO. There are 3 banks of 64 wavetables. Each bank is arranged like a chessboard: there are 8 rows (the ‘X’direction) and 8 columns (the ‘Y’direction). Waves in a row tend to be alike, or will progress from ‘dark’ to ‘bright’ in timbre. The E350 has independent controls to index/select where in this array the DSP ‘scans’ the data to generate these 2 outputs. The DSP has sophisticated algorithms that smooth the 2 outputs into over 24,000 unique waves.
Since the E350 does not have built-in CV attenuators, you normally first attenuate a CV before plugging it into the E350. If you want to use a full-scale, -5V to +5V signal, the panel knob must be set straight up (’12:00 position’) or the internal voltage clamps will limit the swing. Remember, any applied CV to a jack is added to the position on the panel knob for that function. Overdriving a CV input may cause pitch changes.
- Course and fine frequency control knobs.
- FM CV input with FM attenuator knob.
- Morph X control and CV input for shifting through one bank of waveshapes.
- Morph Y control and CV input for shifting through bank two of waveshapes.
- Morph Z control and CV input for shifting through different wave-blending algorithm.
- 3- Way toggle switch between waveshape banks.
- 3-Way toggle switch for frequency range, Hi, Mid, and Low.
- the XY OUT is a DC-coupled wave that is the result of all the Morph X and Morph Y settings.
- The Z OUT is a DC-coupled wave that is the result of the Morph Z settings.
- Hard SYNC input for oscillator synchonization.
Questions on E350 Morphing Terrarium Wavetable Oscillator - 14HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- 14 HP
- Power: +12V@55ma, -12V @25ma
- Depth: 1.85 inches; 47mm