Gears is many things, an overdrive, sub octave generator, and resonant filter with expression pedal input. What it means for the player is a device that allows you to emulate many familiar synth sounds, as well as create brand new ones.
The overdrive is a fixed sound that can be mixed from silent to LOUD. This signal is fed into a clock divider, which puts out a Square wave (or two) we can mix into the output. This audio travels on to the aggressive filter section. There's also a drive control allowing you to play nice with the filter, or just slam audio up against it. The filter also sneaks into self oscillation, for a little bit of extra noise, if you so desire.
The expression pedal input allows foot control over the "Freq" knob, and is the most magic trick in this new box. Electronic "wubs" familiar "wahs" and plenty of other new sounds are effortlessly dialed in and modulated with your foot.
- The overdrive is a fixed sound that can be mixed from silent to LOUD - just like the OG Robot Devil
- The overdrive output signal is routed into a clock divider to provide a suboctave squarewave.
- Versitile filtering from subtle to heavily overdriven.
- Filter resonance self-oscillation available
- Expression pedal input allows for foot control over the "Freq" knob. Great for wahs!
Questions on Gears Sub-Octave Overdrive Filter
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Power: Standard 9V
- True bypass
- Unique graphics