The DP1mk3 is a dual channel preamp based on a unique hybrid design including both vintage and modern circuits. Germanium and silicon transistors, along with integrated circuits, make the sound character expand over several decades. The midrange crunch of the germanium sound of the mid 60's, the low mid punch and thick sound associated with British class-A from the early 70's and the modern tone from the 80's and 90's; all in the same box.
The input-stage is built around a high quality Swedish Lundahl transformer. The preamp section is followed by a germanium unity-gain stage for coloration. Finally the DP1mk3 has two different output stages, an electronically balanced output stage or a discrete transformer-balanced class-A stage, built around a heavy Carnhill output transformer. The vintage class-A mode produces a fat and punchy sound with mid range character and a warm top-end; the germanium mode adds even more harmonics to the sound. The IC-based output stage is less colored and perfect for clean amplification.
With up to 80 dB gain the DP-1 can handle quiet sound sources like ribbon microphones. High impedance inputs are positioned on the front for easy access when connecting guitar, bass or synthesizers. It's also possible to crank up the input gain really loud and run a hot signal through the preamp to make it distort, and then use the output volume control to lower the output gain. DP1mk3 offers a unique set of flavors at a very sensible price.
The new updated version is now provided with a HP filter, 80Hz/12dB.
- Unique design offering plenty of flavours
- Up to 80dB gain availableHP filter
- Vintage class-A mode selectable
- Germanium drive available
- Lundahl input transformer
- Carnhill output transformer
- Hi-Z input on the front
- Sencibly priced
- Hi-Z input, instrument input with more than 1Mohm input impedance
- Impedance switch, 1600ohm/400ohm
- 48v phantom power
- Stepped gainswitch in 5dB steps. -25 to 80dB. +5dB to -50 with pad
- -30dB pad
- Germanium drive, inserts a germanium gain stage after the input stage
- Output level control
- Polarity switch
- Vintage transformer balanced class-A stage selectable
- All switches illuminated
- Internal, regulated powersupply with a toroidal transformer
- 115 or 230V, selectable
Questions on DP1 MK3 Dual Preamp
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Max output: +26dBm @ 600ohms load
- DP1mk3 updates: HP filter, Updated power supply for lower noise, Updated Germanium circuit, Mains on/off on front