R2M is a ribbon controller that generates control signals by moving the finger on the ribbon manual. The output signals are generated as Midi and CV/Gate control voltages simultaneously. Consequently R2M allows to control both Midi and CV/Gate based equipment (e.g. analog synthesizers or analog modular systems). R2M is the abbreviation for Ribbon to (2) MIDI.
R2M is made of two parts: the manual and the control box. For the manual the same type as the for the modular version A-198 is used. It includes a 50 cm position sensor and a pressure sensor. The control box converts the data coming from the manual (finger position and pressure) into the corresponding Midi data resp. CV/Gate voltages. The control box is available even without manual to make use of an already existing A-198 manual and take advantage of the additional features of the R2M control unit compared to the comparatively simple A-198.
- Very precise and sensitive position sensor (length 50 cm) that responds even to light finger touch
- Sensible pressure sensor located below the position sensor
- Connection to the control box via 4-pin cable (same as used for USB connections but no USB function )
- Cable included, length 1m (longer cables are available at extra charge, a standard USB cable type A-A can be used)
- Control box receives the analog resistance data coming from the position and pressure sensor of the manual and converts these information into Midi date resp. CV/Gate voltages
- "Trautonium" mode: in this special mode only a single note on message is generated when the position sensor is touched. After that only pitch bend messages are generated until the finger is lifted off.
- 12 bit pitch bend resolution
- MIDI channel, control change number and pitch scale can be adjusted
- Quantization option, i.e. only certain notes resp. control voltages (e.g. only major or minor notes) are generated, for details please refer to the A-100 quantizer module A-156 as the quantization of the R2M is very similar.
- Adjustable manual scaling (i.e. which length of the manual corresponds to one octave, full length is max. 5 octaves)
- Inverse scaling is possible (important if e.g. the manual is put on with a strap)
Questions on R2M Midi Ribbon Controller
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Ribbon Dimensions: about 600mm length x 30mm width x 18mm height
- Ribbon weight: about 900 g
- Control Box Dimensions: about 128mm width x 91mm depth x 26mm height
- Control Box Weight: about 450g
- connection to the control box via 4-pin cable (same as used for USB connections but no USB function )
- cable included, length 1m (longer cables are available at extra charge, a standard USB cable type A-A can be used)
- External AC power supply needed