Doepfer A-196 Phase Locked Loop
Doepfer’s A-196 Phase Locked Loop module consist of three sections. The first is a VCO with a three position switch for selecting the tracking range. The second is a Phase Comparator with a three position switch between different comparator types that leads to distinctly different timbral characteristics. Finally, the module features a low-pass filter normalled to the output of the Phase Comparator.
A-196 Phase Locked Loop Features
- Three position range switch for VCO tracking range
- Offset knob for offsetting the range of the VCO
- Square wave output normalled to the input of the Phase Comparator
- Three position switch between phase comparator types - different timbral qualities
- Input 1 is the waveform that locks to the Input 2 waveform
- LED indication for locking type
- Dedicated Low Pass Filter, normalled to the output of the phase comparator
Questions on A-196 Phase Locked Loop
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 40mm
- Current Draw: 40mA @ +/-12V
- A Winner Review by Mr. Mojo Risin'
As the Doepfer website states, "...the A-196 is a very experimental module and its functions cannot be described straight forward as for other modules."
Experimental is an understatement. I spend hours and hours tweaking this one. I'm hearing things I never thought possible from a single module. Amazing! (Posted on 2/22/16)