Dave Smith Instruments Mopho
The DSI Mopho is a deceitfully small monophonic analog synthesizer capable of producing deep sounds. Its internal voice is similar to that of the Prophet ’08 with some added features.
The unit contains an all-analog signal path and a single voice consisting of two oscillators, each with their own sub-octave generator. There’s also an audio input, allowing users to process external audio through the Mopho’s onboard Curtis low-pass filter and accompanying envelopes.
Users can also feed the Mopho’s audio back into the Mopho through its audio input for some interesting feedback effects. Additionally, the unit features a Push It button that acts as a manual trigger able to influence several parameters, including triggering/modifying notes and sequences, and stepping through sequences on-the-fly.
No keyboard? No problem! The Mopho can be controlled via MIDI input using any compatible MIDI controller, and is extremely easy to program via an intuitive front panel. There is also a free editor available for use with an external computer that should help to streamline sound programming.
- Affordable, fully programmable mono synth with a 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators capable of producing sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, and variable pulse width square waves, with hard sync
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) with audio rate modulation, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- Analog VCAs
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down)
- Feedback loop with programmable level and gain
- White noise generator
- 4 LFOs
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- 32-note (F to C) semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel
- Fully programmable with three banks of 128 programs (384 total)
- Full-sized keys with velocity and aftertouch
- USB connectivity
- Free downloadable software editor for Mac OS and Windows
- Real analog sound
- Immediate, hands-on control of all aspects of its sound and performance
- Extremely compact yet has full-sized keys and wheels
- Couples well with Dave Smith Instruments' Tetra (sold separately) for expanded polyphony
Questions on Mopho Analog Synthesizer Keyboard
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- USB, type B receptacle
- MIDI in, out/thru, and poly chain
- Audio input: 1/4" unbalanced
- Left and right audio outputs: 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input
- Expression pedal/control voltage (3.3 VDC max.) input
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack
- Includes power supply for 100V - 240V AC operation and operation manual
- Dimensions: 3.6" H x 18.65" W x 11.1" D
- Weight: 9.4 lb.