At the heart of the Organelle's sound engine is a robust computer that runs patches. A patch allows the instrument to take on different forms. Onboard hardware for sound input and output and mappable knobs, keys and buttons enable patches to synthesize, sample, effect, and anything in between!
The Organelle ships with a set of common default patches, and new patches may be loaded from a USB drive. Simply select patches from a continually-growing list, transfer them to a USB drive, reinsert it in the Organelle, and play!
Don't see the exact patch you need? You can create it yourself! Patches may be created and/or edited directly on the device as well as on a personal computer. Plug in a keyboard, mouse and monitor and begin customizing. The Organelle runs patches created in the powerful computer music programming environment Pure Data (and may also be written in lower level languages too!).
As you create patches or tweak existing ones you can share them with others! The Organelle is built with community interaction in mind. The entire system runs open source software and may be customized at every level.
- Anodized Aluminum top, ABS Plastic bottom, rubber foot pads
- 1x ¼" Stereo Sound Input Jack
- 2x ¼" Mono Sound Output Jacks (L and R channels)
- Input & Output Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz; 16-bit
- ⅛" Stereo Headphone output Jack
- ¼" Footswitch Jack
- High-Contrast OLED Display Screen
- 4x Parameter Knobs
- Rotary Selection knob with Push Button Select
- Volume Knob
- 25x Maple Key
- 1x RGB LED
- 1GHz ARM Cortex A9
- 512 MB RAM
- Operating System Linux
- Boot time: ~20 seconds
- Storage: 4GB USB Drive Included
- Patches and any required files (audio samples, etc.) stored here
- 2x USB port
- USB Host for: MIDI over USB & Serial over USB
- USB 2.0 standard-A type connector
- HDMI output port
Questions on Organelle Synthesizer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Power: 9VDC, 1.0 Amp (Power Supply included)
- Dimensions: 10.5" x 3.25" x 2.125"