The Critter & Guitari ‘Black & White Video Scope’ is a video synthesizer that generates visual patterns in response to sound. It features 16 patterns including strobe effects, flashing squares, rotating blocks, and random pixels. Some of the modes respond continuously to the sound, and others respond to percussive sounds, advancing a pattern on each hit. It also features a Randomizer mode where the modes change randomly at a selectable rate.
To operate: Connect it to a television, projector or video rig and connect a sound source to the ¼" audio jack. Select one of the 16 patterns and, using the gain knob, adjust the sensitivity to the audio input.
Use the Black & White Video Scope with a projector for live performance, TV in the living room, or as part of a larger video mix.
- RCA Composite Video Output Jack (NTSC only)
- 1/4” Audio Input Jack
- Black & White Video
- Mode Select Control
- Selectable Modes: Strobe, Timer, Timer Two, Blinds, Brackets, Bits, Squares, Birds, Plaid, Paper, Many Lines, Wide Lines, Alternator, Zooming, 10 Wide, 1 Wide, Random
- Random Mode switches modes every 1 frame - 30 seconds
- To set Randomization Rate, set MODE Knob to one position for > 1 second and then set to Random (i.e. Strobe = Switch every 30 secs, 1 Wide = Switch every 1 frame)
- Video Gain Amount Control
Questions on Black & White Video Scope
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Enclosure: Anodized Aluminum, Wood (3.2" x 2.2" x 1.1")
- 9VDC Power Adapter Included (center-positive)