Dual-mono, phantom-powered gain booster for low-output dynamic and ribbon mics.
Low-gain microphones typically come with high-impact problems that can frustrate engineers. Unfortunately, many low-output microphones are among the best sounding mics out there. Luckily, there’s the 2-channel Cloudlifter CL-2 Mic Activator by Cloud Microphones – a perfect solution to any situation in which you need to cleanly boost a microphone signal before the preamp. Driven by the phantom power circuit on board your mixer, the Cloudlifter CL-2 adds up to +25dB of perfectly transparent gain to your signal, giving low-output mics a major boost which can make even budget microphones sound clean and professional.
The Cloudlifter CL-2 is also ideal for use with any ribbon mic, since it changes the phantom power that can hurt them into the extra gain they require. Install techs and live sound engineers love the CL-2, because it can provide long cable runs with enough energy to ward off noise. It’s also excellent for acoustic guitars with XLR outputs, giving them an immediate dose of extra gain that prevents noise from infiltrating your sound. Whether you work in sound reinforcement or in a studio, you’ll find endless uses for this amazing device!
- Boosts microphone-level output by +25dB
- 2-channel version
- Completely transparent operation
- Easy to use self contained design requires only phantom power
- Recommended for use with all passive microphones
- Safe for all passive ribbons with no transfer of phantom
- Utilizes Patent Pending Ultra-transparent Discrete D/C JFET circuitry
- Ideal impedance loading for optimal performance @3Kohms
- Rugged, road ready and portable, for studio, stage and broadcasting
- Free lifetime limited warranty for parts and labor, with registration
Questions on CL-2 Cloudlifter 2 Ch Mic Activator
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Channels 2
- Phantom powered
- Depth 4.5″
- Height 2″
- Inputs 2 x XLR
- Outputs 2 x XLR
- Weight 1.19 lb
- Width 3.75″