The Studio Projects C4 small-diaphragm mic pair can handle your stereo miking needs whether you want a cardioid or omni pattern - both capsules are included. The C4 is a truly versatile condenser mic that's ideal for instruments such as percussion, flutes, horns, and many others.
The C4 is small-diaphragm condenser microphone featuring interchangeable capsules, switchable -10dB pad/highpass filter, and a linear low-noise, solid-state amplifier body. The C4's modular design makes it a useful multi-purpose tool wherever you need to use it - onstage, on location and in studios.
As a cardioid (pressure gradient) microphone, the C4 provides excellent pickup of on-axis sources while attenuating extraneous sound occurring from around and behind the mic. This makes it ideal for close miking of individual instruments where bleed from other nearby instruments or sound is undesirable. The C4 cardioids also make excellent stereo pairs for coincident and near-coincident miking techniques such as X-Y and ORTF. Additionally the C4s are quite useful on a drum kit as overheads and on toms.
Change to the omnidirectional (pressure) capsules and the C4 offers a warm tonal response and is recommended especially for close miking in favorable acoustical environments. There is very little off-axis coloration owing to the inherent physical properties of pressure capsules. This, combined with the low self-noise of the mic amplifier, makes the C4 omni an excellent ambience mic - especially in pairs. In a good room, a pair of C4 omnis can provide a vibrant and live feel to recordings, which is not achievable through the use of directional microphones.
Recommended uses are spaced pair omni, Jecklin disc (OSS), piano, guitar, drum overheads and room miking. The C4 is available in pairs with shockmounts, windscreens and case.
- Versatile stereo pair with interchangeable capsules
- Excellent performance as cardioid mics
- Omni mode is great for ambience, overhead use, and instrument miking
- Studio quality stereo pair microphone system
- Modular design
- Interchangeable capsules (omni, cardioid)
- Switchable -10dB pad and highpass filter
- Transformerless output
- Rugged construction
- Foam windscreen
- Includes pair of cardoid heads
- Includes pair of hypercardioid heads
- Includes pair of omni heads
- Includes two mic clips and stereo bar
Questions on C4 Small Diaphragm Mics (Matched Pair)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- Mono/Stereo: Stereo Pair
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Omni (Interchangeable Capsules Included)
- Frequency Response: 40Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 150dB SPL with -10dB pad
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78dB
- Self Noise: 16dB (A weighted)
- Low Cut Filter: 75Hz and 150Hz, -6dB/octave
- Pads: -10dB, -20dB
- Color: Black
- Connector: XLR
- Weight: .2 lb.
- Included Accessories: Mic clips, T-bar, Windscreens, Interchangeable Cardioid, Hypercardioid, and Omni capsules