The snap and punch of hardware envelopes drive the BOOMSTAR's brilliant voltage controlled circuits with unparalleled sonic integrity and versatility. BOOMSTAR is the ultimate desktop analog synthesizer for those who remember and desire still, the electronic Analog sound that changed the world, and for seekers who have yet to discover that magic and delight... in their time.
Driven by rapid fire hardware envelope snap, and near Modular sound flexibility (at the flip of any of its 20 toggle switches), the STUDIO ELECTRONICS BOOMSTAR® desktop* synth is a performer and sound designer’s waking dream. The Boomstar foundation: two Oscillators—stackable waveforms with Sub OSC, two Envelopes invertible, loopable, with ‘drone’ and ‘master’ mode, is accented expressively by hardware XMod and exponential glide, extensive modulation routing, and a flexible software LFO: jacked for heavy lifting and fine-tuned experimentation—even go ”off synth” with the external input and color exotic oscillations.
The quick-turn shaft pots along the bottom for the hardware Ring Mod, Noise, Filter Feedback and VCO Levels make vital sonic change intimate, immediate, and indispensable; the adjacent Overdrive switch adds warmth and edge. Thirty one pots insure fluid, intuitive mastery over wide-ranging sweep and subtlety of tone: feather in the changes or whip them suddenly and rhythmically into shape.
S. E.’s patchable, discrete, through-hole, hand-matched transistor, American-made analog synthesizers are as rugged as they are flexible; inspiring instruments built to last a lifetime, and then some, no matter which brilliant, hand-crafted filter model you choose.
- All discrete circuity. Hand matched transistors in filter and amplifier.
- 2 Oscillators: Sub Oscillator, Sync, Pulse Width, Tracking On/Off, Modulation, Fine Tune
- Waveforms: Toggle Switches select combinations of Sine, Triangle, Saw and Square waveforms
- Classic Yamaha CS-80 Filter design
- Filter: Frequency/Resonance Controls, Filter keyboard tracking, Mod depth, Mod Source
- 2 Envelopes: Attack, Decay, Sustain, and Release controls; Envelope Invert switches, Destination toggle switches
- Drone/Envelope 1 Master center-off toggle switch
- XMod: Oscillator 2 mod depth to select Osc 1 Pulse Width, Frequency, or Off
- LFO: Rate, MIDI Sync On/Off, Waveform selection, Mod Depth, 2 Destinations,
- LFO Waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Saw Up, Saw Down, Square, Offset Square 1 and 2, Random, and Slew
- Amplifier: 2 Levels of Overdrive, selectable by 3-way toggle
- Additional: Master Tune, Glide Time, Dynamics to Filter Frequency, Envelope 1 to Oscillator 1 Pulse Width
- Mixer: Osc 1, Osc 2, Ring Mod, Noise, Feedback
- Front Panel Jacks: CV In, Gate In, Filter Frequency In, Amplifier In, Oscillator Out, External Signal In
- Back Panel Jacks: MIDI In/Out, 1/4" Audio Output, DC Power Out
- Back Panel Switches: MIDI Learn Switch (Channel, Note Priority, Aftertouch, Mod Wheel Destination) and Tap Tempo for LFO
- Overflow Switch for polyphonic chaining
Questions on Boomstar SE80 Analog Synthesizer Module
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- All discrete circuity.
- Hand matched transistors in filter and amplifier.
- Sturdy steel chassis
- 31 pots, 2 rotary switches, 18 toggle switches
- Through hole circuit boards
- AC power adaptor
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 2.05" (3.625" at back) x 8.7" x 7.05"