Special edition version with Aluminum Knobs!
The BC1-S provides smooth buss compression associated with one of the most famous buss compressors from the mid 80's. Mixing engineers call it the magic "glue" when transparent compression strengthens mixes without compromising clarity. The BC1-S provides just that kind of compression bringing cohesion and punch; equally useful for drum buss and instrument compression.
The built-in blend control makes it easy to apply parallel compression by adjusting the mix of dry and compressed signal. A mute-switch is provided for muting the dry signal making it possible to adjust the compression without changing the blend control.
A switchable side-chain filter can be applied at 150Hz which makes the BC1-S less responsive to low frequency energy. The external side-chain input makes it possible to have the BC1-S pump to an external source.
Smooth and transparent compression will never go out of fashion and the BC1 has already become a best-seller. The BC1-S will add the magic "glue" and make your mixes sound punchy and coherent.
To make it even more easy to work with we have now changed all potentiometers for detendet (stepped) controls for easier recall.
- Smooth VCA-based buss compression
- Provides the magic glue effect on mixes
- Extended ratio, attack and release controls
- Side-chain input and filtering
- Blend control for parallel compression
- Single or dual side-chain detectors
- Threshold: -20dB to +20dB
- Ratio: 1.5:1 / 2:1 / 4:1 / 10:1 / Hard
- HP Filter: 150Hz, -6dB octave
- External sidechain: in/out
- Dual or single sidechain detectors
- Attack: UF(ultrafast) /0.1/0.3/0.6/1/3/10/30/60/120mS
- Release: 50mS/100mS/300mS/600mS/1.2S/Auto
- Gainreduction meter
- Make-up: 0 to +20dB
- Compression in/out
- Straight signal mute
- Blendcontrol: from straight to compressed
- Balanced input: 40kohm impedance
- Balanced output: 100ohm impedance
- External sidechaininput: Unbalanced TRS jacks
- Internal, regulated powersupply with a toroidal transformer - 115 or 230V, selectable
Questions on BC1-S MKII Stereo Buss Compressor w/ Aluminum Knobs
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Noise flooor: below 104dBm
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz, less than -0.3dB
- Distortion: less than 0.008% THD+N, @ +8dBm
- Max output: +26dBm @ 600ohms load