Trinity is universal musical instrument and original sounding modular groovebox. It can function as any type of digital synthesizer, sequencer, controller, arpeggiator or almost anything that can be programmed into a micro-controller. Trinity is designed to be connected and combined with other Trinities of different functions in a chain, so you can create your own music making environment. It is ready to communicate with the outer world via MIDI and different sync and CV methods using MIDI Bastl. We are musicians passionate of exploring new fields of sonic experience – we already developed 4 different instruments for Trinity which work great together. They are sequencer, drum synthesizer, polyphonic synthesizer and monophonic FM synthesizer and there are many more to come!
The true power of Trinity reveals when more instruments are connected in chain which shares, communication (MIDI), Audio line and power.
Communication: SQNCR is able to sequence 3 different Trinity instruments by MIDI protocol which is ideal for live sequencing. All instruments have MIDI input which reads note and CC values.(We plan to make CC automation sequencer and sensor boards sending CC.)
Audio: The chain connectors also share audio line which simply works as a passive mixer so all instruments can be mixed directly on Trinities themselves by the volume knobs and audio can be taken out by the rightmost jack. You can also take the audio from each device separately.
Power: The chain also shares the power so you need just one power adaptor to power the whole system. The Instruments can be powered from batteries in the chain as well.
- Controlling 3 different Trinity instruments (polyphonic or monophonic)
- Sending MIDI notes on 3 channels
- 32 steps / pattern
- 4 patterns for each instrument per preset
- 3 presets
- Recording from buttons or MIDI
- Erase single notes or clear whole pattern
- Adjustable pattern length, groove, tempo
- Tap tempo
- Jump function (step repeater)
- Auto quantize
- MIDI clock support, master or slave (by receiving MIDI clock message it turns into slave mode)
- MIDI by side connectors – MIDI connector by connecting MIDI Bastl by the side
Questions on Trinity SQNCR
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Open-source, DIY, handmade, hackable, repairable
- Bastl library with all source codes – gitHub
- Atmega 328 chip reprogrammable by Arduino IDE (Arduino Uno compatible bootloader)
- Runs Mozzi library in HI-FI mode
- Midi implementation chart (you are able to add comments)
- The chain connectors also share audio line which simply works as a passive mixer so all instruments can be mixed directly on Trinities themselves by the volume knobs and audio can be taken out by the rightmost jack
- The chain also shares the power so you need just one power adaptor to power the whole system