The Black Lion Audio B173 Single-Channel Microphone Preamplifier is a 1RU 1/2-rack chassis preamplifier designed for studio recording. The unit is based on the classic Neve 1073, utilizing a discrete Class A, single-ended style microphone amp and a discrete balanced output amplifier.
For I/O, it features an XLR-3F microphone input as well as a 1/4" high-impedance buffer DI input for connecting instruments such as guitars and keyboards. The output is supplied via a 1/4" back plate connector.
For controls, the unit features a microphone gain knob in 12 steps from +12 to +80 dB of gain, and output gain control, selectable +48V phantom power for utilizing condenser microphones, a power switch, and a switch for routing either the XLR or DI input to the output transformer. Due to the circuit design of the preamp, it will require approximately two to three minutes of warm up time for distortion to settle throughout the signal path.
Questions on B173 Single CH Mic Pre
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- I/O: 1x XLR-3F balanced microphone input
- 1x 1/4" DI input
- 1x 1/4" output
- Control: Gain knob in 12-steps
- Gain Range: +12 to +80 dB max gain
- THD + N: at 12 dB gain: 0.07%
- at 62 dB gain: 0.14%
- Power Requirements: 24 VDC at 15 W
- Warm-Up Time: 2 to 3 minutes
- Rack Mount: 1RU x 1/2
- Dimensions (W x H): 9.5 x 1.75" (24 x 4.4 cm)
- Weight: Not specified by the manufacturer