The MOTU AVB Switch is a five-port AVB Ethernet switch that will turbocharge your Ethernet network for audio and video. Audio Video Bridging (AVB) is the exciting new IEEE 802.1 extension to Ethernet specifically engineered for real-time, low-latency, fully synchronized streaming of audio and video over Ethernet. AVB fulfills the promise of a true A/V standard that brings together the worlds of networking technology and professional audio/video.
The MOTU AVB Switch allows you to quickly and easily build an AVB-compliant audio (or video) network, with five 1-Gigabit AVB ports for any AVB devices (even other switches), plus an extra sixth port for bridging to a standard Ethernet network. Enjoy the many benefits of AVB including plug-and-play operation, guaranteed quality of service and self-regulated network resource management. Connect MOTU AVB devices with standard shielded CAT5e or CAT6 cables (up to 100 meters long) and go. The MOTU AVB Switch supports automatic device discovery and network bandwidth management among connected AVB devices. No IT expertise required. 1-Gigabit operation means you make the most of what AVB has to offer, with very high audio channel counts and very low network latency.
AVB provides network-wide time base for better-than-sample-accurate phase lock across all connected devices. Timing accuracy is down to the nanosecond. In a MOTU AVB system, network-wide sync can be established with one click.
AVB can coexist with standard Ethernet for connecting standard Ethernet devices like Airports or other WiFi routers, Ethernet hubs and even entire Ethernet networks in your home, office or studio. Any of the ports on the MOTU AVB Switch support standard Ethernet. A sixth port is provided for standard Ethernet only, so that you don't have to use up one of the five AVB ports for standard Ethernet duties.
- Industry standard IEEE 802.1 Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Ethernet switch
- Automatic device discovery and bandwidth management with AVB devices makes setup easy
- Uses standard CAT-5e or CAT-6 Ethernet cables for runs up to 100 meters
- 1-Gigabit operation supports high audio channel counts with extremely low latency
- Maintains quality of audio and video streams, regardless of other network traffic
- Network-wide clock and sync provides pinpoint accuracy down to the nanosecond
- Bridging port provides compatibility with standard Ethernet for internet and Wi-Fi
Questions on AVB Switch 5-Port Switch for AVB Audio Interfaces
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- AVB Ports: 5
- Ethernet Ports: 1 (Note: the five AVB ports can also be used for Ethernet)
- Operational Bandwidth: 10 / 100 / 1 Gigabit
- Front Panel: 12 x activity LED
- Power: 8 - 18V DC, 0.5A, tip positive