Introducing the next step in analog drum machines: the Arturia DrumBrute. The DrumBrute is professional quality, fully analog drum machine. It has seventeen different drum sounds, all made from purely analog circuits. Along with that are some unique performance effects, and a modern step sequencer. The DrumBrute also has the connectivity one would expect from Arturia. There are individual outputs for each drum sound, as well as a mix out. An analog Clock input and output are present for using the DrumBrute as a Master or Slave clock. The drum sequencer also has a few tricks up its sleeve. Unlike most drum machines, which have synchronized loop patterns, the DrumBrute can have individual pattern loops per drum sound. This means complex cross-rhythms can be produced, with their rhythmic cycles lining up at larger Least Common Multiples. On top of that, randomness can be introduced to make even more complex drum patterns.
The overall sound quality of the DrumBrute is based on the best of vintage drum machines, taking inspiration from the past but pushing the designs to the future, giving the DrumBrute its own signature sound. Every control is hands on and intuitive, making it a blast in performance. It includes things such Step Repeat, Pattern Looper, Mute/Solo groups, song mode, Randomness and Swing functions, all per individual track. With all these tools, one can essentially perform a complete drum track, with no overdubbing or editing necessary.
- Seventeen pure analog drum sounds
- Wide range of controls for new and unique sounds
- Two different kick drum flavors
- 64 Patterns with up to 64 steps each
- Separate Accent per drum
- Step Repeat for creating looping glitch effects
- Song mode for chaining patterns
- Pattern Effects like Swing and Randomness
- Pattern looper for beat repeat functions
- Steiner Parker output filter with bypass (high pass & low pass)
- Multiple Sync options (Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock)
- Four different clock formats
- Twelve individual audio outputs
- Create complex cross rhythms
- Each drum track can be of separate length
Rebecca from Arturia stopped by to give us a demo of their new instrument, the DrumBrute. Her overview demonstrates the basic playability and intuitiveness of the DrumBrute, an instrument meant for both the studio and live performance. It is a fully analog drum machine with 17 different drum sounds, played on 12 pads. Most notable highlights include a one knob-one function architecture, performative beat-repeat, individual outputs and lots of connectivity. It is available for $449.
A quick jam demonstrating the intuitive flow of the Drumbrute, with special attention to the Randomness functions and the beat repeat ribbon. .
Questions on DrumBrute Analog Drum Machine
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Mix Output
- Individual Drum Outputs
- Headphone output with both 3.5mm and 1/4"
- Dimensions: 16.45" x 10.86" x 1.57"
- Weight: 6.27 lbs
- USB Connection
- Power Supply Included