Arturia’s BeatStep offers a new degree of functionality and performance for a portable pad controller.
BeatStep is highly versatile, capable of triggering clips in such applications as Ableton Live, it also allows you to play drums in conjunction with such applications as BFD or EZDrummer.
BeatStep is also a 16-step analog sequencer for creating all kinds of musical phrases to be sent to analog synthesizers, MIDI drum machines, MIDI keyboard devices, or computer programs. Its vast connectivity allows you to interface BeatStep with a computer or iPAD using USB, a drum module using MIDI or an analog synthesizer equipped with CV/GATE.
BeatStep goes beyond most other MIDI controllers by having many ways to connect to your other gear.
It features USB Class compliant I/O for using it with your laptop or iPAD. This gives you the control you would expect to have from a pad controller. Control the transports on your favorite DAW, sequence your favorite plug-in, set up the encoders to modulate filters and eq’s or mixer channels. All this and more.
BeatStep does not stop where the competition stops however, we added MIDI out as well. You can use the pads to control that old drum module or the drum sounds on your workstation. Use the Step Sequencer mode to bring new life to your MIDI equipped synthesizers. This controller will give you limitless ways to create and be great with no wait, but that’s not all, there is also…
BeatStep has a standard 1 volt per octave CV output as well as a standard 1 volt per octave GATE output. You can directly interface them with our famous MiniBrute or MicroBrute synthesizers. Combining Beatstep's step sequencing capabilities with a modular synth allows for all kinds of hands on control and pattern generation.
- MIDI controller Mode – RED LED MODE
- Step Sequencer mode – BLUE LED MODE
- 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- 16 encoders
- 16 MIDI Controller presets
- 16 Sequence presets
- Works with MIDI Control Center Editor
- Internal and External clocking
- CV outputs
- USB I/O
- MIDI output
- iPAD compatibility (using camera connection kit)
- Transports can send MIDI CC or MMC
- Kensington Lock
- Standalone MIDI or CV operation when powered via standard USB power adaptor
- USB Class compliant (no drivers)
Questions on BeatStep Controller & Sequencer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- 16 backlit pads
- Velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- 16 assignable encoders with 3 modes
- Kensington Lock
- Mini USB in/out (DC in for standalone operation)
- 3.5mm MIDI output
- 3.5mm CV & Gate outputs
Minimum System Requirements
- PC: 2 GB RAM; CPU 2 GHz (Multiple cores required), 2GB free hard disk space.
- Windows: Seven / Eight
- Mac (Intel only): 2 GB RAM; CPU 2 GHz (Multiple cores required), 2GB free hard disk space.
- Mac OS X: 10.7 or higher