The Alyseum AL-88 is an embedded networked computer Box. It uses the Ethernet network to transport MIDI flows between any CopperLan compliant hardware and/or software applications in computers (Peer to peer functionality).
The AL-88 allows you to connect 8 MIDI In and 8 MIDI Out ports, simply and in a flexible way to patch, remap, filter and merge MIDI flows on a fine channel basis. Expandable by multiples of 2 or 8 MIDI I/O ports to create a unique patch-bay which also encompasses up to 32 virtual MIDI ports in every computer or DAW (Win & OS-X).
AL-88 are supplied ready to use, the actual linking is managed via the CopperLan Manager. This freeware tool is also used to monitor the status of all CopperLan computers and equipment. The AL-88 can be controlled from any computer anywhere in the network.
The AL-88 was tested against numerous MAC & PC programs - including MIDIQUEST - for a perfect handling of the touchy SYS EX exchanges of past synthesizers. The AL-88 offer the Top performances in terms of MIDI throughput and latency/jitter far below 1 mS. Full compatibility with real-time applications.
- Self-contained interface, 8 MIDI In/Out pairs to Global MIDI Network.
- Peer to peer MIDI transport, on a channel basis, remapping and merging.
- Peer to peer MIDI transport without mandating a computer.
- 100 Base-T Ethernet port with shielded RJ45
- Auto-MDIX allows using straight-trough or cross-over UTP cable.
Questions on AL-88 MIDI Interface
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Power: Built in 90 to 230VAC auto-sensing.
- Rugged 19 inch rack mount aluminum case.
- Upgrading the firmware is done via the network
- exelent Review by 890zx
(Posted on 2/1/16)