The Chronoblob is a unique delay for the eurorack format. One of the most alluring aspects of a delay are tempo-synchronized delay times, with clock divised delays for rhythmic overlap and layering. There are few delays in the Eurorack format that allow for this option, and the Chronoblob is here to solve that problem. With the Sync input, one can lock the delay time to the exact groove of ones music, or send it sporatic gates for a crazy asynchronous delay effect. A clock division/multiplication knob decides how the delay repeats use musically rhythmic relationships, from x5 to /5.
Another unique feature of the Chronoblob is it's internal FX send thru the delay feedback. This allows one to patch various effects within the feedback, which can help create effects like Pitch Delay, Filter Delay, and Reverb/Delay combos. Any audio effect could be used in this FX send to drastically change the character of the Chronoblob.
With infinite decay, the module can basically be used as a looper, great for creating dense textures and angelic pads. The Mode switch selects which type of delay style is used for emulation. One is more reminiscent of BBD and tape style delays, while the other responds more subtly.
A Hold switch with a corresponding Gate input is able to freeze the audio buffer, which allows for stuttery and glitchy delay control.
- Tempo Sync, with division / multiplication of clocked delay times
- OTA-based Analogue feedback path, with send & return patch-points
- 2 different delay modes (resampling, similar to tape/BBD – and crossfading)
- Hold input, for applying a gate to freeze the delay buffer
- CV inputs for delay time (with attenuverter) and feedback
- Dry / Wet mix control
- Overload LED
Questions on Chronoblob Digital Delay - 10HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Audio: 16bit, 48kHz
- Delay: 5ms to 500ms in SHORT mode, 50ms to 2.73s in LONG mode
- Power: +12V / 90mA, -12V / 30mA
- Width: 10HP
- Depth: 30mm (including power connector)