The MPD226 is a USB MIDI pad controller that's ideal for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs. Its intuitive blend of MPC controls and features mesh with simple USB connectivity to provide the feel of classic beat making in the world of computer music production.
The MPD226 features an expanded control set with four knobs, four faders, four buttons organized in three banks for 36 total controls as opposed to 12 on the MPD26. This will allow users to maximize their sound and have more control over effects.
In addition to the improved functionality Akai has added iOS compatibility via the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and has also bundled over $400 of free software with the MPD226. Titles include: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Big Bang Cinema and Big Bang Drums from Sonivox, Ableton Live Lite, and Software Preset. The Software Preset Editor enables users to enjoy intuitive control editing right from the front panel of the MPD226.
- 16 Thick Fat RGB illuminated velocity and pressure sensitive MPC pads
- 64 assignable pads accessible via 4 banks
- 4 assignable faders, 4 assignable Q-Link knobs, 4 assignable Q-Link buttons
- 36 assignable controls accessible via 3 banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level and Tap Tempo
- 30 presets total, with configurations for most popular DAWs
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- MIDI In and Out jacks for controlling external gear
- Dedicated Transport controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums
Questions on MPD226 USB MIDI Controller
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended); 1GB RAM (2GB recommended); Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended); 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended); Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7,
- Windows Vista, or Windows XP; Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended); QuickTime recommended
- Available USB port