The AJH Synth ‘MiniMod Glide + Noise’ is a powerful and highly functional Eurorack module featuring both the Glide and the Noise generator circuitry from the vintage Moog Model D synthesizer.
The MiniMod glide uses a discrete dual FET circuit which includes a hold function that can gate the glide effect. Glide is only active when the Hold CV input is high, so if the hold input is connected to the gate output of a MIDI/CV convertor then the glide will be active only while the key is actually depressed, emulating the exact behavior of the original Model D synthesizer.
AJH Synth has also increased the versatility of the module by adding Glide Up only and Glide Down only modes in addition to the standard Glide Up & Down mode of the original circuit.
The Noise Generator is completely separate from the Glide circuitry. There are three outputs offering White Noise, Pink Noise and Red Noise. The noise source itself is all analogue and uses a specially selected transistor in avalanche mode which is amplified and filtered by discrete transistor based circuitry.
- Glide + Noise Eurorack Module featuring both the Glide and Noise Generator circuitry from the Moog Model D Synthesizer
- Discrete Dual FET Circuit in Glide circuitry (Includes a hold function that can gate the glide effect)
- Glide is only active when the Hold CV input is high (If the hold input is connected to the gate output of a MIDI/CV convertor then the glide will be active only while the key is actually depressed, emulating the exact behavior of the original Model D synthesizer)
- Glide Up only and Glide Down only modes in addition to the standard Glide Up & Down mode of the original circuit
- Glide Speed Control: Controls the slew speed of the glide effect (Turning CW slows down the Glide/Slew rate, asymmetric operation like Model D – glides up considerably faster than it glides down emulated to perfection!)
- Glide ON/OFF Switch (It is NOT a bypass switch, its function is the same as turning the Glide Speed full CCW)
- Glide Mode 3-Way Select Switch: Selects the Glide Mode (Center Position: Glide is active on both rising and falling input voltages, UP Position: Glide effect is only active on rising input voltages and will drop instantly and track falling input voltages, DOWN Position: Module will glide down at the rate set on by the Glide Speed Control but will rise instantly and track rising input voltages
- Hold CV Input: Gate Control Voltage (+2V to +10V) applied to this input turns on the Glide effect (If gate voltage is zero/low then “Hold” mode is active and the Glide Output is held at the last voltage received irrespective of changes to the Glide CV Input)
- Glide CV Input: ±10V (however only positive voltages 0-6V are processed, negative voltages are ignored and voltages between +6V and +10V are limited to +6V)
- Glide CV Output: Output range of 0 to +6V and an impedance of approximately 500 Ohms
- Red Noise Output: Commonly used as a random control voltage rather than an audio signal
- White Noise Output: Generated using a specially selected transistor in avalanche mode and using the exact circuitry from the Model D
- Pink Noise Output: Generated using the same discrete transistor circuitry as the Model D
Questions on MiniMod Glide & Noise (Black) - 6HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- 6 HP Width
- 54mm Depth
- Current Draw: 35mA @ ±12V