The ADDAC101 .Wav Player is one of ADDAC's bestsellers, as it introduces the possibilities of digital sampling to the world of analog modulars. This results in radically different approaches to sound generation, where the user will be able to use complex sounds, only limited by imagination and sampling abilities.
This module plays 22Khz 16bit Mono samples from an SD Card and the user will control main parameters like loop size, position, playback rate or amplitude, both manually or through a CV input.
It also provides envelope following, a good feature for modulating external parameters with the playback amplitude.
Different sounds can be accessed by skipping or randomizing playback files, which can also be accomplished both manually or through a CV input.
SD cards can be swapped at any time during operation.
- File Access (Manual / Gate file skip, play next, play previous, play random)
- Four variable settings, Loop Size, Initial Position, Sample Rate and VCA controlled manually through the corresponding front panel knob or externally from a CV input
- Two sound outputs: one pre-VCA (with a pre-volume knob) and one post-VCA (located in the VCA section)
- An Envelope Follower CV output
- Loop Size - dynamically control the size of the loop, by trimming down the total duration to a smaller size
- Initial Position - dynamically control the initial point of the loop, also allowing scrolling through the file duration
- Sample Rate - dynamically change the sample rate resolution, altering the pitch of the playback
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier - analogue VCA to dynamically control the overall volume of the sound output
- Envelope Follower - a CV output that changes according to the playback amplitude (post-VCA), with controls for level and decay. It also features a led monitor for easy visualization
- Led monitors - visualize current state of Size, Position and Rate controls
- Skip / Loop switch - set the Gate/Digital input to either a file access mode or re-trigger mode
- Playback modes - set playback modes between Loop / One Shot | Forward / Random
- NOTE: SD cards have to be formatted in FAT16 and there's a special convention for filenames. For more information please consult the Addac101 user guide
Questions on 101 .Wav Player - 11HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Format: Eurorack
- Width: 11 HP
- Depth: 5.5 cm
- CV inputs: 0-10v
- CV outputs: 0-10v
- Gate in threshold: 2.5v
- Compatible with +-12v and +-15v power supplies
- Max current: 150mA
- Bus Board Cable: 8 x 2 IDC (Doepfer style) connector