Access Virus TI2 Polar
The Virus TI2 Polar, from Access, is a versatile performance synthesizer with a 37-note keyboard. It boasts velocity, aftertouch, and dedicated pitch and modulation wheels. Unlike its TI2 Darkstar sibling, the Polar version features a sleek white finish and wooden side panels.
Internally, the Virus TI2 Polar features three oscillators, two separate filters, a modulation matrix, a host of FX, an arpeggiator, and a surround sound output. There are several onboard oscillator models consisting of virtual analog, wavetable, hypersaw, and graintable oscillators. All of this alongside a plethora of filter models and a dedicated Character control that recreates the distinct vibe of vintage analog gear. All of this combined with a robust effects section secures the TI2’s place as the holy grail of sound design-oriented synthesizers.
Apart from its self-contained wonderfulness, the TI2 also features Total Integration, Access’s proprietary technology that bridges the Virus with a computer system to achieve a powerful union between the Virus TI2 and a virtual instrument plugin. The plug-in controls the Virus and receives audio, allowing users to post processing capabilities via their computer. Since the Virus calculates all the voices, using it in tandem with a computer significantly reduces the the latter’s CPU load, freeing it up for other tasks.
TI2 Polar Features
- Dual DSP system with over 80 stereo voices under average load. (Load depends on which oscillator / filter model has been chosen).
- VirusControl™ VST and Apple Audio Unit Plug-for Mac OS X and Windows XP. The remote seamlessly integrates the Virus TI into your sequencer, making it feel just like a plug-in.
- The Virus TI's Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface.
- The Virus TI is the first hardware synthesizer with sample-accurate timing and delay-compensated connection to your sequencer.
- WaveTable Oscillators for a completely new array of sounds. WaveTable and conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed.
- HyperSaw™ oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths - each with parallel sub oscillator per voice (that's over 1800 stereo oscillators @100 voices!).
- Independent delay and reverb for all 16 multi mode slots.
- 129 parallel effects. There is reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring modulator, distortion, 3 band EQ and the Analog Boost bass enhancer.
- 2 multi-mode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS) and the Analog Filter (modelled after the MiniMoog™ cascade filter with 6-24 dB Slope and self-oscillation).
- Dedicated remote mode turns the Virus TI into an universal remote control for VST / AU plug-ins and external synthesizers.
- 6 balanced outputs with +4 dB level and switchable soft limiting algorithm. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O. 2x24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities
- Tap tempo button. The algorithm is based on Access' Sync Xtreme technology.
- Programmable arpeggiator pattern for every patch.
- Knob quantize for creating stepped controller movements. The stepping automatically syncs to the Virus clock or an incoming MIDI clock.
- 3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from.
- 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes.
- Extended memory: 512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM patches (rewritable).
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations on all important parameters.
- New multi mode with embedded patches.
- Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices.
- Quality synth-action keyboard with 37 keys, velocity response and aftertouch.
- 2 pedal inputs.
- Brightly illuminated Access logo on the rear panel and walnut strip underneath the keyboard.