The Access Virus TI2 Desktop synthesizer has 32 knobs and 43 buttons that help you manipulate your sound. Among some of the feature highlights are 3 oscillators, 2 independent filters, a 2D modulation matrix, plenty of FX options, an arpeggiator, surround sound output, and more.
Like all members of The Virus TI platform, it is the sublime fusion of a 12-year triathlon in sound research, distillation of user input, and the simple desire to create an exceptional instrument. Conceived as a virtual analog synthesizer, it grew into a multi-synthesis workstation which seamlessly integrates into your production environment using Access' unique Total Integration plug-in technology.
This second version edition features 25% more calculating power and a completely redesigned housing. The Gun Metal look, wood and aluminium are the main ingredients for this killer desktop synth.
This second generation Virus TI platform features a wealth of inspiring oscillator models such as virtual analogue, hypersaw, wavetable, and graintable oscillators, along with several filter models and a new-to-the-line Character control for emulating the vibe of old analog gear. A ring shifter, several FM types, and a tape delay add the warm lo-fi sound featured so often in music today. The effects section delivers multiple, simultaneous effects including reverb and delay per part, ensuring your patches sound exactly the same in single and multi mode.
The concept of totally integrating a synthesizer, which essentially means streaming audio from the Virus TI into a plug-in hosted by your digital audio workstation, is certain to make some positive waves. Total Integration is Access' proprietary technology, which seamlessly links any Virus TI model and a computer to create a unified system consisting of a powerful hardware synth and a virtual instrument plug-in, which not only controls the Virus TI but also receives audio from it, in order to allow post-processing right inside your computer. This way you get the best of both worlds. Your Virus TI will calculate all the voices and effects and therefore makes the CPU of your computer available for other tasks. Since it is driven by the Virus Control plug-in, the timing (unlike normal MIDI and USB-MIDI timing) will be sample-accurate, and all sound data will be saved within the song or project. Virus Control also offers sophisticated editing capabilities, along with an easy-to-use librarian page to keep track of all your Virus TI patches. The Virus TI's analog input and outputs can also double as an audio interface, and the MIDI sockets can double as a MIDI interface.
As much as a craftsman depends on the quality of his tools in order to achieve exceptional results, you can rely on the Virus to impress your audience. That's because for the success of artists today, a stunning sonic signature is as important as the unforgettable melody, and the Virus TI line provides both.
- Dual DSP system with over 80 stereo voices under average load. (Load depends on which oscillator / filter model has been chosen).
- VirusControl™ VST and Apple Audio Unit Plug-for Mac OS X and Windows XP. The remote seamlessly integrates the Virus TI into your sequencer, making it feel just like a plug-in.
- The Virus TI's Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface.
- The Virus TI is the first hardware synthesizer with sample-accurate timing and delay-compensated connection to your sequencer.
- WaveTable Oscillators for a completely new array of sounds. WaveTable and conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed.
- HyperSaw™ oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths - each with parallel sub oscillator per voice (that's over 1800 stereo oscillators @100 voices!).
- Independent delay and reverb for all 16 multi mode slots.
- 129 parallel effects. There is reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring modulator, distortion, 3 band EQ and the Analog Boost bass enhancer.
- 2 multi-mode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS) and the Analog Filter (modelled after the MiniMoog™ cascade filter with 6-24 dB Slope and self-oscillation).
- Dedicated remote mode turns the Virus TI into an universal remote control for VST / AU plug-ins and external synthesizers.
- 6 balanced outputs with +4 dB level and switchable soft limiting algorithm. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O. 2x24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities
- Tap tempo button. The algorithm is based on Access' Sync Xtreme technology.
- Programmable arpeggiator pattern for every patch.
- Knob quantize for creating stepped controller movements. The stepping automatically syncs to the Virus clock or an incoming MIDI clock.
- 3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from.
- 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes.
- Extended memory: 512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM patches (rewritable).
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations on all important parameters.
- New multi mode with embedded patches.
- Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices.
Questions on Virus TI2 Desktop Synthesizer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Sleek, charcoal grey finish (gun metal if u wanna feel fancy :)
- Red & white LED's
- White display
- Wood rail on front
- I/O panel can be rotated for rack mounting
- 3 main oscillators and one sub oscillator per voice
- A main oscillator can comprise of various oscillator types including the classic virtual analog oscillators (saw, variable pulse, sine, triangle, 62 spectral waves with several FM modes) and hypersaw (a multi saw-tooth oscillator with up to 9 stacked oscillators, 9 sub-oscillators and sync oscillator at the same time)
- Wavetable oscillators with 100 multi-index wavetables, feature variable resolution and optional pulse-width modulation
- Graintable oscillators apply granular synthesis techniques for independent control of pitch and formants to warp a waveform beyond recognition
- Formant oscillators sound like running a signal through a massive, modulatable filter bank with hundreds of resonant bands being morphed by the wavetable index
- Two fully independent filters (lowpass, highpass, bandpass, bandstop) with an optional saturation module located in between both filter blocks
- The saturation module can add one of several distortions and lo-fi effects or an additional low/high-pass filter
- Optional self-resonating MoogT cascade filter simulation with circuit overload and 1-4 poles
- Two-dimensional modulation matrix with six slots (1 source and 3 modulation targets each)
- Every feasible parameter can be modulated in realtime
- 3 LFOs with additional hard-wired destinations along with one user-definable slot
- 2 lightning-fast, multi-stage envelopes (ADSTR) - LFOs can be used as ramp generators as well
- The FX section has independent delay and reverb per patch (even in multi mode), along with multiple distortion/lo-fi algorithms, phaser, chorus/flanger, character control, ring modulator/shifter, and EQ, plus a global vocoder
- There is no difference between single and multi modes—patches sound exactly the same
- Each patch contains it's own arpeggiator pattern feat. 32 programmable steps (length and velocity can be adjusted per step) along with a global control for swing/shuffle timing and one for note lengths
- Nearly every parameter including the pattern itself, the amount of octaves, and many more, can be controlled using the modulation matrix
Surround Sound Output
- Every part can be panned dynamically between two stereo outputs for quadraphonic effects
- 32 knobs, 43 buttons, 73 LEDs
- Between 25 to 110 voices, depending on the complexity of the patch
- Estimates are based on single mode performance results may vary in multi mode
- Multi programs can have fully-independent embedded singles, without the links to single banks required by most synths providing freedom from breaking other programs
- 1024 RAM and 3328 ROM sounds, 16 embedded multi patches along with 112 conventional multi slots, 16 parts in multi mode
- Turn the Virus into a MIDI remote as the sound engine will still work independently
- 32 user-programmable templates to reassign most panel knobs controlling control 3rd party plug-ins and MIDI synthesizers
Smooth Parameter Changes
- Adaptive control-smoothing provides parameter changes with no zippering artifacts
- With knob quantize, a clock ratio is selected and parameter changes are updated at specified intervals only
- The result is sample-and-hold parameter movements, evocative of step sequencer sounds
- The unique DJ style audio slicer turns the Virus TI into an powerful realtime FX for DJ applications
- Virus Control is an VST/AU/RTAS compatible plug-in
- Total Integration is certified for the following hosts: Apple Logic 8, Steinberg Cubase 4, Ableton Live 7, Digidesign Pro Tools 8, Cakewalk Sonar 7, ImageLine FL Studio 8
- 6 balanced outputs (@ +4dB), backed by 192kHz/24-bit D/A converters with soft-limiting
- Two inputs with 24-bit A/D
- Dedicated headphone out
- MIDI in, out, and thru
- S/PDIF digital audio (44.1/48kHz) inputs & outputs
- USB is used for MIDI and audio transmission (adding 3 additional stereo audio outputs) and works at 12Mb/s
Weight & Dimensions
- Height: 8 cm (3.2 inches)
- Width: 47 cm (18.5 inches)
- Depth: 18.8 cm (7.4 inches)
- Weight: 3.4 kg (7.4 pounds)