The Doepfer A-190-8 is a MIDI interface for syncing your modular synth to an external MIDI source, such as a workstation or computer. Strictly handling MIDI timing messages, A-190-8 is an ideal choice for using MIDI timing information to advance your sequencers, trigger your envelopes, reset your LFOs, and more.
The A-190-8 has gate outputs for the MIDI clock itself and for various subdivisions of that clock. Additionally, it features gate output for Start and pulse outputs for Stop and Reset, allowing complex configurations of timing based on MIDI Start, Continue, and more. A Wait button and respective gate input waits for your next measure to start before continuing clock generation.
Simple in implementation but flexible by design, the Doepfer A-190-8 has powerful implications for timing control within any hybrid analog/MIDI setup.
- 5-pin DIN and USB inputs
- Dedicated outputs for MIDI clock and clock/3, /6, /12, and beginning of measure
- Dedicated pulse outputs for MIDI start, stop, and reset
- Wait button and gate input for temporarily ceasing clock output
- LED indicator for clock monitoring
- Firmware updates via USB
Questions on A-190-8 USB/MIDI to Sync Interface - 6HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Panel width: 6hp
- Module depth: 30 mm /
- Current draw: 50mA
- See Doepfer's site for technical implementation notes