Trogotronic M-Series 277 offers a high-gain Vacuum Tube Stereo VCA without sonic compromise. Tube Harmonics, Bass-Heavy Compression & Stereo Imaging are applied with 2 Discrete High-Voltage VCA Circuits.
Yes: “high voltage”—no small task for a euro module. Reason being: even the best euro format power supplies were never intended for providing “B+” (engineer speak denoting High Voltage feed for vacuum tubes). Rather than compromise both the operating specs of the tubes & capacity of your modular’s power supply the M Series 277 needs a wall-wart to deliver both High Current & High Voltage to the valves without taxing your rack’s supply. Low voltage / low current circuits patch via included ribbon cable & use only a modest amount of power (see specs below for details). 277 provides front & rear jacks for the included supply to facilitate access from outside OR inside your rack (cuts down on added wires getting tangled with patch-cords on the frontside).
Use at the end of a patch: Rich tube harmonics & brawny compressed low-end add warmth to your cold digital effects / signals while reinforcing plastic sounding low voltage analog sound.
Use to portray mono signals as vast stereo audio panoramas: The 2 discrete channels run in parallel add depth to mono signals (patched to both inputs) with organic stereo imaging built into the circuit. The same mono signal can be dynamically panned via CV Amplitude inputs.
Use as a stereo overdrive effect: The Drive CV is discrete (1 for each channel independent of the other) so creation of dynamically panning stereo overdrive effects via CV Drive is a cinch.
Use as external input stereo preamplifier: Gain afforded by the 277 is more than adequate to make even the tiny signal of a guitar or microphone patched straight to the input scream. As a modular synth is more than 1000 times louder you may well wonder what happens when such signal is fed through the 277 with controls all set to “eleven”: brutal distortion!
- 2 Tube VCAs
- 2 CV Amplitude Inputs with Attenuator Knobs (1 per channel)
- 2 CV Drive Inputs with Attenuator Knobs (1 per channel)
- Ample gain for use as a Stereo External Input Preamplifier
- Zero to +5 volt CV-Range compatible w/most LFOs, Envelopes etc.
- Warm Tube-Harmonics
- Compression with Low-End Enhancement
- Compelling Stereo Imaging
- CV Controllable Panning
- Pannable Stereo High-Gain Tube-Overdrive Effect
- Warms cold digital effects & low-voltage solid-state signals
- Not Included High-Current Power Supply = low impact on your rack’s “built-in” supply
- 4 CV Lamps: 2 Blue (Amplitude A & B) / 2 Red (Drive A & B)
- 2 Slovakian Max. Gain, Twin-Triode Vacuum Tube run at high-voltage
Questions on m277 Stereo Tube VCA - 15HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- 7.5 HP wide
- Depth 2.25″ (with power cable attached)
- +12v rail peak current 18ma; avg. current 12ma
- -12v rail peak current 3ma; avg. current 2ma
- 12vac supplemental high current power supply: Not Included