Serving as an audio interface, digital-to-analog converter, or standalone mixer, the 24Ao combines 24 channels of very high-quality, balanced analog output with three banks of ADAT optical digital I/O for a total of 72 channels (24 inputs plus 48 outputs) in a single rack space.
With industry-leading dynamic range and on-board, large console style mixing, the 24Ao delivers audio class compliant connectivity through USB 2.0 that is USB 3.0 and iOS compatible. Analog outputs are supplied on convenient multi-channel D-sub and Phoenix connectors for studio and industrial installations. Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb.
The unit's extensive routing grid patches ins to outs, or splits inputs to multiple destinations. Use the 24Ao as a stand-alone mixer and control everything from the 24Ao's innovative web app running on your iPad‚ iPhone‚ tablet, smart phone, and laptop.
Connect a second MOTU AVB interface (24Ai, 1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Ethernet cable. Add more I/O with the MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).Build an AVB audio network with multiple switches and sub-millisecond latency, even over long cable runs. Stream hundreds of channels among devices and computers on the network. From initial tracking to final mastering, the 24Ao delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.
- Analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
- 72 simultaneous audio channels
- 24 high-quality, balanced analog outputs on three banks of multi-channel connectors (DB-25 D-sub and Phoenix), plus three banks of 8-channel ADAT optical for 24 inputs and 48 outputs.
- Connects to a computer with audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS).
- Discovery app and web app software works with any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects
- Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (24Ai, 1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting
- Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app controlControl on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control
- Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 24Ao with a standard Ethernet cable and control the 24Ao's powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.
Questions on 24Ao USB Interface
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- 24Ai analog inputs: 24 channels (balanced/unbalanced) 3x DB-25 D-sub and 6x 12-pin Phoenix, Max level: +24 dBu (digitally adjustable -96 to +22)
- 24Ao analog outputs: 24 channels (balanced, DC coupled) 3x DB-25 D-sub and 6x 12-pin Phoenix, Max level: +20 dBu (digitally adjustable -24 to 0 dB)
- Digital I/O: 3 banks (24 ch) of ADAT optical at 1x sample rates, 3 banks (12 ch) of SMUX optical at 2x sample rates
- Total I/O: 24 analog + 48 digital (72 total) at 1x rates, 24 analog + 24 digital (48 total) at 2x rates, 24 analog + 0 digital (24 total) at 4x rates
- Computer I/O: 1 x USB 2.0 audio class compliant, USB 3.0 and iOS compatible
- Sync I/O: 1 x word clock in, 1 x word clock out
- Front panel: 5 x switches • menu navigation, 324 x 24 pixel LCD for level meters / menu nav, 1 x AC power switch
- Power International 100-240V autoswitching supply 50-60 Hz • 0.5A max
- Mac System Requirements: 1 GHz Intel-based Mac or faster, 2 GB RAM; 4 GB or more recommended, Mac OS X version 10.8 or later, Available high-speed USB 2.0 port, A large hard drive (at least 500 GB for recording),
- Windows System Requirements** Windows support is coming soon…: 1 GHz Pentium-based PC compatible or faster, 2 GB RAM; 4 GB or more recommended, Windows 8 or later, Available high-speed USB 2.0 port, A large hard drive (at least 500 GB for recording),
- Web App Support: Any web client platform: Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android
- Any web browser: Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Explorer, etc.
- Web client must be connected to the same network as the MOTU AVB interface by wire or Wi-Fi.
- Included Software: MOTU AVB Discovery App for iOS (available from Apple App Store), MOTU AVB Control web app (served from the hardware itself), AudioDesk 4.0 (available as a separate download)Operating Systems: For computer audio I/O: Mac OS X 10.8 or later; Windows 8 or later*, For web app control: Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android